I created this vegan ice cream yesterday solely to smother it in Nature’s Charm new vegan coconut caramel sauce.
Oh my gosh, I have missed caramel so much since I became vegan but I don’t have to anymore. Nature’s Charm just released a coconut caramel sauce that is dairy, gluten and soy free and made from premium coconut milk. It is so yummy.
And caramel sauce isn’t just for vegan ice cream. I love slicing apples and drizzling them with caramel sauce. Or baking an apple in the oven and topping it with caramel sauce.
You can heat 1/4 cup of caramel sauce and pour it over 4 cups of popcorn. Let it cool slightly and form into small balls for a fun tasty treat. Perfect for Halloween.
I love combining equal amounts of caramel, whole-grain mustard, and yellow mustard and serving it with pretzels.
You can also drizzle it over pumpkin pie, apple pie and cake. The possibilities are endless and it's perfect for the upcoming holidays.
Smother Your Vegan Ice Cream, Apples, Pies and Cakes with Vegan Coconut Caramel Sauce
But today I went with vegan ice cream. It wasn't a laborious recipe but it certainly tasted like one. I combined coconut milk whipping cream with Nature’s Charm vegan condensed milk. I put it in a glass dish, covered the top with plastic wrap and let it freeze for about 3 hours.
Then I melted some bittersweet vegan chocolate chips and drizzled it on the surface of the ice cream, then stirred the chocolate into the ice cream. I kept repeating this until the vegan ice cream was flecked with bits of frozen chocolate resembling an Italian Stracciatella.
Nature's Charm Vegan Condensed Coconut Milk and Evaporated Coconut Milk
Just in case you missed the recipe, I also used Nature's Charm Condensed Coconut Milk in a vegan tres leches with strawberries. It was delicious and there are so many ways you can use these non-dairy milks. You can purchase Nature's Charm Coconut Caramel Sauce, vegan condensed milk and vegan evaporated milk on Amazon.
I hope you enjoy this vegan ice cream with caramel sauce as much as we did. Thanks for stopping by today.
Vegan Ice Cream with Chocolate Flakes
Topped With Nature's Charm Coconut Caramel Sauce
- 2 13-14 ounce can unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 2-4 tablespoons of vegan sugar (or maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 14-ounce can of vegan condensed milk (I like Nature's Charm)
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- Refrigerate the cans of full fat coconut milk overnight.
- Place a large metal bowl and electric beaters from your hand mixer in the freezer for one hour before preparing the whipped cream.
- Open the cold can of coconut milk without shaking it. Remove the coconut cream solids only into the cold mixing bowl avoiding any of the liquid.
- Using an electric mixer with the chilled beaters, beat the coconut cream on a high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and beat another minute.
- Taste and add more sweetener if needed.
- Add the condensed milk and salt and and beat again to medium peaks, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon the ice cream base into a glass baking dish, flattening the top with a spatula. Cover the surface of the base with plastic wrap and freeze until it begins to harden. 2 to 3 hours
- Place the chocolate chips and oil in a glass measuring cup and microwave, stirring every 15 seconds or, until the chocolate is melted. When the ice cream is almost frozen. Drizzle the surface with some of of the melted chocolate, then stir the chocolate into the ice cream. Repeat, drizzling more chocolate and stirring it into the ice cream, until all the chocolate has been added and the ice cream is flecked with bits of frozen chocolate.
- Cover the surface of the Stracciatella with a layer of plastic wrap and freeze until hardened.
This is a sponsored post, but the opinions, and text are all mine.