Vegan Chocolate Syrup
Now on to healthy plant-based food. When you really need a treat, this vegan chocolate syrup is to die for. It is from the queen of “queen of vegan desserts”, Fran Costigan's and her book called Dairy Free Desserts.
I think this is the only book you will ever need for vegan desserts.
Hope you enjoy this vegan chocolate syrup as much as I did. Wishing you a peaceful, compassionate and dairy-free week.
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup unsweetened dutch-process cocoa
- ½ cup light natural cane sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pour the water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil - remove from the heat
- combine the cocoa, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times to mix. With the motor running, pour 6 tbsp of the hot water through the feed tube. Stop the blender or food processor, and clean the sides with a rubber spatula. Add the maple syrup, oil and vanilla. Process about 2 minutes until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a jar with a lid. Refrigerate the sauce for up to one week, or freeze for up to one month.