OK. Trust me. This vegan macaroni salad was beyond delicious. Truth be told it was inspired by The Pioneer Women macaroni salad recipe, but I made it lighter, lower calorie and 100% vegan! But I got to hand it to that women, the combination of the pickles, black olives, and roasted red pepper is outstanding and creative. So thanks for the inspiration.
Sorry I didn't get this recipe out before the weekend, but it should come in handy for all your fun summer activities that include chowing down.
I had a very busy Memorial Day Weekend, but amidst all the fun, I always tried to remember the reason we were celebrating.
Memorial Day originated as Decoration Day after the American Civil War in 1868. The Civil War claimed more lives than any conflict in U.S. history. The estimate is over 600,000.
It is important to remember the price our veterans have to pay to protect us and I sincerely want to thank every veteran that has protected my freedoms.
I would also like to mention that everyday twenty-two Veterans and one Active Duty Soldier take their own lives. To find out more, please visit Stop Soldier Suicide to see how you can help.
Now on to food. I served this crazy delicious vegan macaroni salad with my no-beef jalapeño burgers, corn on the cob and my vegan caesar salad. Everyone loved the vegan menu. Those no-beef burgers have a lot of ingredients, but they are special, and not your run-of-the mill veggie burger. So you might want to try them someday for some special occasion.
Hope you enjoy this vegan macaroni salad as much as we did. Don't miss any of Ordinary Vegan's free recipes by signing up here. You can also listen to Ordinary Vegan's health and wellness podcasts here on my site or on iTunes.
Join our health and wellness community on Facebook. There are over 315,000 strong, vibrant community members waiting to embrace you.
In 2018, after two years of research, I launched my first product – Ordinary Vegan plant-based CBD Oil from Hemp. My fact-finding, research and testimonials from our vegan community proved to me that this natural food supplement could help people.
You can learn more about vegan CBD oil from hemp here. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions you may have at email@example.com.
Vegan Macaroni Salad with Olives, Pickles and Red Peppers
- 4 cups dry Elbow Macaroni (uncooked)
- ½ cup Vegan mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of pickle juice
- 3 roasted red peppers, chopped (3/4 cup or more)
- ½ cup chopped black olives (or more)
- 6 sweet pickled slices, diced (3/4 cup or more)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Cook the macaroni according to directions and rinse. Put in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together the vegan mayonnaise, non-dairy milk, maple syrup, salt, pepper and pickle juice. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Toss the macaroni with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Stir in the red pepper, olives, and pickles.
- Chill for a couple of ours before serving. Taste and add another tablespoon of pickle juice if you desire. Top with the sliced green onions.