For those of you who are new to eating vegan, shopping for food can be daunting. Today we take a look at what staples go into a vegan refrigerator, and we prepare a very versatile, rich, savory, creamy vegan white sauce. It is the perfect replacement for a traditional cream-based sauce and has many uses.
Filling your refrigerator with healthy, whole plant-based food makes cooking delicious vegan dishes a pleasure and not a chore. And planning ahead not only saves time and money, but it also allows a lot of flexibility and variation in your weekly meals.
In This Podcast We Learn:
- How To Maximize Flavors with Cooking Methods
- The Benefits of Batch Cooking
- Which Foods Belong In The Refrigerator – Which Don't
- How To Make a Fruit Paste As a Healthy Alternative to Refined Sugar
- Must-Have Vegan Condiments
- How To Prepare a Creamy Vegan White Sauce
You can find the creamy vegan white sauce recipe below and the vegan fruit paste.
If you found this podcast information helpful today, please share on social media and consider writing a review on iTunes.
The more reviews we receive, the more visibility and higher ranking iTunes give our podcasts.
Learn more about stocking a vegan kitchen in Podcast #36: Vegan Cooking: Essential Ingredients For The Vegan Pantry.
Please join our healthy and supportive community on Facebook – We are over 315,000 strong and growing.
If you have any questions for Ordinary Vegan, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sign up here to receive all of Ordinary Vegan's free delicious plant-based recipes.
Last but not least. Many people in the wellness world are turning to cannabidiol, a natural food supplement, commonly referred to as CBD Oil, for its potent anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety effects. I believe it is the next step in health and wellness for people suffering from anxiety disorders, depression, addiction, migraines, arthritis and chronic pain. You can now purchase a safe and effective vegan Plant-based CBD Oil made from Hemp from Ordinary Vegan. I hope it can help you.
If you have any questions about CBD oil from hemp, don't hesitate to reach out to me at email@example.com or visit my Frequently Asked Questions page here.
Thanks so much for joining us today. I hope this podcast and all my podcasts help you live a long and healthy life.
Vegan White Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups cashews, soaked 3-4 hours and strained
- ½ cup of vegetable broth for sautéing
- 1¼ cups vegetable broth for sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2½ tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- pinch of nutmeg (1/8 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Soak 2 cups of cashews in 5 cups of warm water for 3 to 4 hours to soften. Strain.
- Heat ½ cup of vegetable broth over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and saute until soft and translucent adding more vegetable stock if sticking.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked onions and garlic into a food processor or blender. Add the cashews, vegetable broth, white wine, nutritional yeast, nutmeg, pepper and salt.
- Blend on high speed until smooth, adding more liquid if you want a thinner consistency.
Vegan Fruit Paste
- ½ cup dried, pitted fruit like dates, dried mangos, dried apricots or figs
- 1 cup of water
- Let the dried fruit soak in 1 cup of water in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Add the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth adding more water if needed.