If you like spice, sweet and umami, you will love this vegan spicy cauliflower stir fry with peanuts and chilies.
Cauliflower might not be the most glamorous in vegetables, but when cooked correctly, it is a whole lot more than a side dish.
It is also inexpensive and a little goes a long way.
But, the very best part are the health benefits.
Part of the cruciferous vegetable family along with broccoli, kale, and cabbage, cauliflower is a nutritional powerhouse. Cauliflower contains Vitamin C, aids in reducing high blood pressure and strengthens your immune system.
This spicy cauliflower stir fry also gives you a healthy dose of capsaicin. Capsaicin is the stuff in chilies that add the heat. But it also has a medical purpose.
In a study published in August 2014, researchers from the Chinese University of Hong Kong found that capsaicin lowers blood cholesterol levels. It also blocks a gene that makes arteries contract.
This may sound counter-intuitive, but capsaicin in peppers can act as anti-irritant for digestive issues, relieve joint pain and mitigate migraines. Not only that, researchers say eating red hot chili peppers decreases mortality. So pile on those hot peppers!
Hope you enjoy this spicy cauliflower stir fry as much as we did. Cauliflower is one of my favorite ingredients, and if you agree, I think you will love my Cauliflower Fried Rice, Cauliflower Tacos with Crispy Coconut Crust and Vegan Cauliflower Stew with Pickled Cauliflower, Parsnip & Potatoes.
Please sign up here, so you don't miss any of Ordinary Vegan's recipes.
I am devoted to keeping you healthy, and as many of you know, I began creating my own line of CBD oil made from hemp to assist you.
Cannabidiol, or CBD oil, is a natural compound found in the hemp plant. Despite its close relation (cousin) to psychoactive cannabis, hemp and hemp-derived products don’t make you high.
As a result, hemp-derived CBD is legal in the United States. With the recent passage of the 2018 Farm Bill, CBD products can be purchased in stores or online nationwide.
I choose to provide CBD oil to our community because I wanted to make sure you received the safest and most reliable Vegan CBD oil on the market.
Just go to OrdinaryVegan.net/shop to order.
Helping people naturally is what CBD is all about, and I hope it can help you.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our FAQ page.
Spicy Cauliflower Stir Fry with Peanuts & Chilies
- 1 Medium head of cauliflower, leaves removed and cut into medium florets
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper (couple of twists)
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1½ tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 scallions chopped, white parts, thinly sliced (save chopped green part for serving)
- 1 serrano chili, thinly sliced
- 1 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated (or finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup unsalted, roasted peanuts
- 6 dried chile de árbol chiles, japonés chiles, or other dried red chiles
- In a small bowl, whisk the Chinese rice wine, cornstarch and soy sauce together and set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk sherry vinegar, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil together.
- In another bowl, combine 3 chopped white scallions, 1 sliced Serrano pepper, 1 inch of grated ginger, peanuts, 6 dried red chiles, and two chopped garlic cloves.
- Heat the teaspoon of olive oil in a large non-stick sauce pan or wok over medium heat
- Add the cauliflower, season with salt and a little ground black pepper, and cook, tossing occasionally until browned in places and beginning to soften 7-9 minutes. Add a little vegetable broth if sticking
- Add bowl #1 cornstarch mixture and cook for for another minute.
- Add bowl #2, sherry vinegar mixture and cook for another 3-5. minutes.
- Add bowl #3 and cook until the cauliflower is charred in spots and crisp and the sauce is fragrant another 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with scallion greens. Serve with rice.