Are you thinking of adding more plants to your diet in 2021? Today's podcast shares some easy vegan swaps to ease the transition.
Finding substitutions for animal products is perhaps the most difficult part of vegan cooking. But it can also be the healthiest thing you can do. For example, when you switch one tablespoon of aquafaba for one egg, you cut out 5 grams of fat and 75 calories. So if you are looking for equally delicious and healthy vegan swaps, look no further.
Podcast #96 will introduce you to many vegan swaps and recipes along with:
- Healthy Eating Checklist
- Oil Substitutes
- Best Vegan Banana Bread: Oil-Free & Super Moist
- Whipped Cream and Meringue
- Egg Replacements
- Quick Black Bean Veggie Burgers (recipe below)
- The Best Vegan Binding Agents
- Cream and Sauce Substitutes
- Sunflower Pasta Alfredo Sauce (recipe below)
- Gelatin Precautions
I hope today's simple vegan swaps helps your transition to a plant-based diet.
The National Institutes of Health released a study that “revealed very high rates of clinically significant insomnia along with more stress, anxiety, and depression
since the Covid-19 pandemic.” All-natural CBD from hemp can enhance the serotonin receptors. Low serotonin levels are commonly associated with people who have depression and anxiety. Anxiety is a key factor behind insomnia. I hope my CBD can help you get a good night's sleep.
Additionally, you can find my cookbook “The Easy 5 Ingredient Vegan Cookbook” HERE.
Please stay safe and stay well.
- 1 15-ounce can cooked black beans, rinsed and lightly dried
- 6 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, chopped (add a little sauce if you want it spicier but a little goes a long way)
- ¼ cup mashed ripe avocado
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and process until the mixture comes together.
- Shape into 3 patties. Fry them in a skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Garnish with left over avocado, lettuce, and red onion for crunch.
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth adding more water if needed.
- Serve over pasta.